The ChilledDoor® Rack Cooling System isn’t just a way to remove 100% of the heat from your server rack, it’s a way to change the dynamic of how your data center is cooled. By using advanced “Active” rear door heat exchanger technology, your cooling system becomes a dynamic entity, reacting to minute by minute changes in compute loads of up to 75kW. Whether you’re cooling advanced High Performance Computers, high end storage, or simple switchgear, the ChilledDoor® works to keep your computing environment “heat neutral”.
The ChilledDoor’s smooth metal surface connects seamlessly to your server rack. It moves cooling directly to the rack level where infrastructure meets hardware in perfect unison creating next generation cooling for mission critical IT.
The Motivair ChilledDoor® Rack Cooling System is an active rear door heat exchanger that is mounted directly to the rear panel of any standard server rack. It is capable of removing lower densities up to 75kW per rack using warmer water temperatures. Multiple variables are constantly monitored to ensure that the ChilledDoor® is actively adjusting to conditions inside the data center. The Motivair ChilledDoor® system operates using cool water above the ambient dew point, which eliminates the possibility of condensation near critical electrical equipment. Active heat removal and rack monitoring creates reliable cooling and a “heat neutral” white space. The result is significantly increased data center efficiencies. If central chilled water is available but below room dew point, a Coolant Distribution Unit (CDU) is available.
Chilled door Key Features
- 0-75kW cooling capacity
- Designed to fit any industry standard server rack – Open19 and OCP compliant
- High powered adjustable PLC control system for active cooling of server racks
- Available remote monitoring interface
- High quality sheet metal casing with 95 degree door swing
- High efficiency integrated heat exchanger
- Up to 5 hot swappable centrifugal fans which allow for quick replacement and scalability
- EC Motor design with low energy consumption
- Mission critical redundancy
- Leak prevention system/detection
- Quick connect hoses
- 1 year warranty included (parts only)
- Factory Certified optional services – Installation, Start-Up, Commissioning Support, Preventative Maintenance
Coolant Distribution Unit (CDU)
The Coolant Distribution Unit (CDU) by Motivair Corporation is more than just a way to deploy IT cooling when and where you need it. A CDU represents a forward-thinking, next-Gen IT strategy driven by the dynamic growth of a business, not limited by legacy cooling systems and infrastructure.
A CDU provides the ability to deploy higher-density, load-diverse IT equipment in a smaller footprint while at the same time improving a facility's overall efficiency (PUE) and life expectancy.
Motivair's CDUs are designed to control and separate colder facility water supplies from the IT cooling infrastructure. This action of decoupling allows the CDU to accurately monitor and control the flow and temperature of clean, cool fluid to all types of next-generation IT cooling systems, including Active and Passive Rear Door Heat Exchangers or Liquid Cooling Systems (Direct to Chip or On Chip).
CDUs can be installed inside the white space or in a remote location, and they can also be piped from above or below based on site requirements.
Key Reasons to Use a Motivair CDU:
- Isolates a clean water supply for IT cooling system – providing 100% sensible cooling up to 1.25 MW, depending on the model
- Maintains water temperature above data center dew point eliminating the possibility of condensation
- Automatically adjusts water flow and temperature for scale-on-demand IT loads
- Offers inherent redundancies for maximized uptime
- Ideal for W1 – W5 cooling systems